Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC)
IPAC is a dynamic association of public servants, researchers and others interested in public administration committed to promoting excellence in the public service.
Bilingual Digital Media Specialist, 2007 to present
- Research, plan, develop, test and launch new online products and enhancements within assigned timeframe and budget. Familiarity with web development cycle and experience writing scoping documents.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders, including staff, association members, board members, Regional Group executives, our sister organization in Africa and external vendors.
- Identify opportunities for business process enhancements.
- Participate in International Programs by doing an assessment and developing a workplan in partnership with the African Association of Public Administration and Management.
- Management of Social Media Channels.
- Assist in developing strategies to promote IPAC digital properties both internally and externally.
User Interface Design and Usability
- Recommend technical/design improvements to existing products that are consistent with business objectives.
- Create wireframes when developing graphical user interface (GUI), reorganizing information architecture and enhancing database structures.
- Monitor site performance, functionality and usability. Keep track of user issues, provide recommendations for new product features and enhancements based on user feedback.
Graphic Design / Communications
- Prepare graphics, digital documents and video presentations for web and social media sites.
- Design ads, brochures, banners, pull-up signs and publications (print and e-pubs) including the annual report.
- Design templates for email campaigns, coordinate content and distribution.
- Assist in the review of website and extranet content for accuracy.
- Develop archive for visual assets.
Support and Training
- Give demos, provide user training and technical support to staff and 18 Regional Groups in Canada.
- Write reference guides and produce video tutorials for different online systems.
- Participate in ongoing professional development to stay abreast of trends and emerging technologies, design techniques and usability methods, industry standards and guidelines.
- Work with our sister organization in Kenya, Africa to train staff on IPAC’s online event registration system and graphic design software (Adobe Creative Suite), provide advice relating to website content, functionality and architecture, and develop processes relating to membership. This CIDA funded project ends in 2015.
Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders Canada (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières is a medical humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict in more than 70 countries around the world.
Bilingual Office, Association and Volunteer Coordinator, 2001 to 2007
Special Project: Access to Essential Medicines Campaign Traveling Truck Exhibit
- Manage the recruitment, scheduling and training of association members (100+) and local volunteers (30+).
- Travel with the exhibit for 4 months in cities across Ontario and Quebec
- Write newsletter after each city for the Management Team and Association membership. The communication style was very well received.
- Create photo galleries for the website as part of Association archives.
- Write and distribute training manual.
Association / Volunteer:
- Recruit, screen, schedule and train office volunteers and maintain a roster.
- Create and maintain online community of MSF Association members, staff, local volunteers and the general public. Provide passwords and technical documentation. Research and post information of interest.
- Meet with returning field volunteers to give information regarding the MSF Canada Association. Create and update the Association Welcome Back / Orientation package.
- Manage the Speakers Bureau; channeling requests for MSF speakers to the Association, Management Team, or staff as necessary. Send out materials and provide other support as required.
- Created an HIV workshop for high school students.
Rishiculture Yoga e-Zine
Creator, Managing Editor and Graphic Designer, since 2011
OASIS Centre des femmes
Volunteer Board Member, 2007 to 2010
Oasis centre des femmes is a non-profit organization offering support to francophone women who have been affected by violence in any form, as well as to those seeking employment or starting their own business.
Sivananda Ashram (Val-Morin, QC and Kerala, India)
Full Time Volunteer, 1999 to 2001
The mission is to spread peace, health and joy through yoga. Was responsible for the management of volunteers and the general running of the Ashram.
2010 Certificate in Web Design and Development, Ryerson University
2009 Certificate in Graphic Design (Digital Publishing), George Brown College
2013 Certificate in Digital Analytics, University of British Columbia (online)
2012 Web Usability Training, Nielson Norman Group
2011 Certificate in Technical Communications, George Brown College
Certificate in Information Management (one course outstanding), University of Toronto
2007 Courses in Project Management, Ryerson University
1990-93 Bachelor of Arts, Université du Québec en Outaouais (Gatineau, QC)
- Understanding of digital communications and technology including information architecture, usability and accessibility principles, web application/software development lifecyle, testing and quality assurance, channel and message integration, web analytics.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a service oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent design sense and experience using design and image editing software.
- Understanding of SEO principles and e-metrics.
- Passion for new and emerging technologies and an understanding of how they can be applied to benefit the organization.
- Love to travel and am culturally sensitive.
- Fluently bilingual (English and French)